What are insured appointments?
Insured appointments are appointments that are paid through various insurance companies with public over-site – including MSP, Work Safe BC and ICBC.
The Medical Services Plan (MSP) insures medically-required services provided by physicians and supplementary health care practitioners, laboratory services and diagnostic procedures.
WorkSafeBC insures affected parties to provide return-to-work rehabilitation, compensation, health care benefits, and a range of other services.
ICBC insures British Columbians who own and drive a motor vehicle coverage for motor vehicle events.
These services are “paid for” through these insurance companies but what defines a medical required service is defined by the physician. This includes length and the number of concerns seen per appointment.
Selecting the appointment type for my concern
New patient first appointments:
- 20 minutes
- Purpose: Introductory to the clinic, registry of the patient and brief health assessment.
- Note: Patient health history form must be completed after the visit. Please book your day accordingly.
- 10 minutes
- Purpose: Address one main concern
- Any secondary issues will be addressed if time permits; if there is no time left, a follow-up appointment can be arranged.
- 10 minutes
- Purpose: Address one past concern
- 10 minutes allotted
- Purpose: We reserve a limited number of appointments to accommodate concerns that should be seen urgently; please call early in the day to get your appointment.
Counselling, interviews and stress management issues:
- 20 minutes allotted
- Purpose: To address medical issues concerning grief, mood and stress.
- Note: Patients should inform reception that they with to book a “counselling” visit so that more time can be scheduled; please come early as some forms may be required to complete before your appointment.
Comprehensive health exams:
- 20 minutes
- Purpose: This visit will be dedicated to do a comprehensive health examination and education session.
- Note: Patients should not save problems or urgent issues for this appointment; Make an appointment to be seen much sooner for specific or urgent concerns.
Complex medical issues and special considerations:
- 30 minutes
- Purpose: This visit is for medically complicated health issues only (example: travelling a long distance or house bound, recent discharge from hospital, yearly review of chronic medical conditions and elder care.)
- 10 – 30 minutes
- Purpose: Medical treatment of warts, biopsies and other minor procedures
On-line e-mail consult:
- No time-limit
- Purpose: This visit is for follow up of information vital for the care of chronic care patients (e.g. blood sugar reading in diabetics); and multiple questions of a non-urgent nature not requiring a physical exam.
Medeo Video conferencing (Coming soon):
- 10-20 minutes select times of the week
- Purpose: This new service is directed to people who cannot gain access to the clinic due to distance, critical illness or employment constraints and wish to address non-urgent medical issue not requiring a complete physical exam.